1. All statements contained in the catalogues as to any Lot are made without responsibility on the part of the Vendors or the Auctioneers.
2. All statements contained in the catalogue as to the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements or representations of fact. Imperfections not stated.
3. Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot.
4. Neither the Vendor of any Lot nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty in relation to any Lot.
5. The purchaser shall pay the hammer price together with a premium of 20% of the hammer price, including VAT. The premium at the appropriate rate is payable by all purchasers.
6. The vendor authorises the auctioneer to deduct commission and expenses at the stated rates from the hammer price and acknowledges the auctioneer's right to retain the premium payable by the purchaser.
7. In the event of a post purchase item query, the auctioneer reserves the right to stop an item return for upto 14 working days whilst a resolution is reached. In the event an item is accepted for return, third party postage costs will not be paid or refunded.
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. The Auctioneers act as Agents only. Each Lot as set out in the catalogue, or as divided or joined with any Lot or Lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults imperfections and errors of description, and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer are responsible for the authenticity, attribution genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any Lot. All statements in the catalogue as to any such matters are statements of opinion, and are not to be taken as, or as implying, statements, or representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor has any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty, and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty of for any statement in the catalogues.
2. Subject to the reserve price, if any, up to which figure the Auctioneers reserve the right of bidding, the highest bidder shall be the Purchaser, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the Auctioneer shall adjudicate and his decision shall be final and binding on both parties. No person to advance a less sum than shall be named by the Auctioneer, nor to retract his or her bidding. No Lot to be removed until paid for.
3. The Purchasers to give in their names and places of abode, and pay for each Lot at the fall of the hammer (if required), in default of which the Lot to be put up again. The Auctioneer reserves the right of withdrawing, consolidating, dividing or altering the order of any Lots.
4. All Lots to be paid for one on or before the close of the sale, and shall remain at the risk of the respective Purchasers from the fall of the hammer until their removal, the same to be taken with all faults and errors of description. All Lots must be cleared by 12 noon on the Saturday following the sale.
5. It is expressly stipulated that all Lots are sold for Cash Before Delivery (unless a previous arrangement has been made with the Auctioneer); and should the delivery of a Lot or Lots be obtained by the tender of a cheque; which shall be unprovided for, the Purchaser so acting will be deemed guilty of obtaining goods under false pretences and be legally dealt with accordingly. The Contract of Sale shall be deemed to be with the Auctioneer and all payments to be made to him only. Cheques from persons unknown to the Auctioneer cannot be accepted. Credit cards unacceptable.
6. Upon failure of complying with any of the above Conditions the Lots un-cleared shall be re-sold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sale shall be made good by the defaulter at this sale.
7. The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any Lot, to combine any two or more Lots or to withdraw any Lot or Lots from the sale, to refuse bids, regulate bidding or cancel the sale without in any case giving any reason or without previous notice. He may bid on behalf of the vendor for all goods which are being offered subject to reserve or at the Auctioneer's discretion.
8. The highest bidder shall be the buyer except in the case of a dispute. If during the auction the Auctioneer considers that a dispute has arisen he has absolute discretion to settle it or to re-offer the lot. The Auctioneer may at his sole discretion determine the advance of bidding or refuse a bid.
9. There is a 2.5% charge on a credit card, there is no extra fee with a debit card.
10. Any lots uncollected or unpaid for after 6 months from the date of purchase will be re-entered into auction without reserve.
For specific auctions, the auctioneer may offer an online bidding service via the-saleroom.com for bidders who cannot attend the sale. In completing the bidder registration on www.the-saleroom.com and providing your credit card details and unless alternative arrangements are agreed with us, you:
1. Authorise the auctioneers, to take full payment on the Friday following the sale using the credit card details on file unless you contact us to arrange payment before then.
2. Confirm that you are authorised to provide these credit card details to Stacey’s Auctioneers & Valuers through www.the-saleroom.com and agree that Stacey’s Auctioneers & Valuers are entitled to ship the goods to the card holder name and card holder address provided in fulfillment of the sale.
3. Accept that your use of the-saleroom.com facilities will be restricted and your details shared with other auctioneers should a payment not have been received or authorised within seven days of the sale date.
Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.